Home Turf

Home Turf

Pages

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Shakira, in the Purple Group, talks about the Home Turf rehearsals


Home Turf rehearsal photo by Gigi Giannella


The reason I chose to take part in this project was because of the opportunity to perform once again on Sadler's Wells main stage, but this time with an entirely different group of people dancing about a topic I knew nothing about -football! 

We have done so much in a such a short space of time but one of my favourite parts of this project has been working under a new choreographer Pascal with my fellow dancers from NYDC (alumni) 

In high school I was part of the girls football team. I would usually play defender or goal keeper as our team was very strong so the ball rarely came in my direction! I was never fully into it and spent the majority of the game prancing about like the dancer I am! I guess you could say football and dance were related and it has definitely played a small role in shaping my knowledge for Home Turf!

3 words to describe Home Turf...
Hardcore 
Community
Inclusive 


Shakira is currently training at Northern School of Contemporary Dance and is an alumni of the National Youth Dance Company


No comments:

Post a Comment